Friday 8 July 2011

Entry Two

They never told me my child would one day say "I do not love you"  and glare at me with anger Revolving in the bears eyes like a python after a mouse.

They never told me I would hold her and hide my tears, that it would hurt when that was uttered. I felt like it was all my fault that it was said in the first place when in reality it is a two year old's way of coping with not getting her soother back! As I watch this new persona take over my-what could only be reffered to as angelic peachy, sweet, silent and calm-child to be replaced with a screaming "demon" from outter space, I realize that i was not told about this. Not prepared. for what would come, but on the other hand I realize in a way I was preprogrammed to deal with her saying "I love you" when in trouble to receive praise and escape consequence. Though I may want to curl up and cry when those words are uttered I expect it will happen again. I will respond with the same " oh yeah" as before and tell her I love her. I'll explain why it is mean to say that to those you really love.

On a more creative note, I realize I mentioned upcycling projects as a feature on this blog. Today held an interesting venture into making pillow case dresses. I found a lovely PDF posting http://www.jenleheny.com/pillowcase-dress-instructions/pillowcase_dress_instructions.pdf  on how to make them. I altered The girl's pattern, using pillow cases from the 60's. I added flowers made from the left over fabric scrap which resulted in some really cute "vintage dresses " for the girl.  I strongly suggest you try these out if you have a little girl or for the girl at heart. Find fabric and you can just create this pattern larger its quite simple and would look very cute with a belt of some sort to make it appear more flattering. Signing off now

Yours truly
"The Mom"

No comments:

Post a Comment